Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 78: Metapod

 I head back to the village and heal up. I also stop by this guy's house:
“Fire-type moves will become
more powerful when a Pokemon
holds that.”
 I give it for Quilava to hold. It powers up fire moves by precisely 20%. Should prove to be useful down the line. For now, though, it's back to the woods.
 The farfetched guys are gone.
 I give Cut to Quilava, replacing tackle. I should catch an HM donkey eventually, though, because most HM moves are pretty bad.
Apparently teaching her cut is tantamount to summoning Cthulhu, because the game glitches out. Suddenly Stalin and Nelly are black and the area around the tree looks like it's being eaten up by some kind of sprite netherworld.

One reset later...

  Here's a shrine. I think it's related to one of those official events where they alter data on your cart if you bring it in. As I said in my first post, I'm considering cheating to access this content. That's after I beat the game though, so I can put this decision off a couple years...
Anyway, a Metapod snags me here.
Nelly kills it dead with a nice bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment