Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 108: Sudowoodo


“They say it dances when you water it...
Oh, that's a Plain Badge from
Goldenrod Gym!
Did you defeat Whitney?!
Well, then there's nothing to worry
about, is there?
I'll let you use this SquirtBottle for
a while then... Oh, never mind.
Keep it!”
After healing up from yesterday, I talk to this lady for the sprinkler I need to progress.
Now that I've beaten Whitney I have access to the Pokeathelon. As far as I am aware, it's HeartGold's answer to Gen 3's contests. As such, it's pretty unimportant and I probably won't cover it now or ever. Besides, that would mean more work for me and we can't have that.
The trip to the "tree" is entirely uneventful as I cleared out all the trainers earlier.
Sudowoodo goes first with a rather flaccid Low Kick. Rhianna's Vine Whip is much more powerful.
After a few more turns, Sudowoodo is down to precisely 2HP. It's a rare, almost-dead Pokemon so...
Somehow, Sudowoodo breaks free.
I use stun spore to increase my chances. It smartly responds with Flail, fainting Rhianna.
Confident in my chances, I bring Kyle out to keep attempting to catch it.
Thankfully a second go is all it takes.
She seems the sassy type. After the battle, a spectator appears.
“I want to give you this
for entertaining me!"
“With the Berry Pots, you can grow
any Berry from any region
with no worries!
That's right!
I'll give you some Berries, too.
Berry Pots won't do any good
without Berries.”
She gives me some Oran and Pecha berries. I'm going to be using this a lot in the future, so let me explain:
This works like the berries from the originals, but you don't farm loamy patches of soil on the map. Instead you just grow them in your pocket. Berries grow on a timer, different times for different berries. But the unique circumstances of my playthrough means that, compared to your average player, I will get a shitton of berries this way. For now I just plant the Oran and Pecha berries, but I'll get more potent berries in the future and I will exploit this for all it is worth. Especially the PP-restoring Leppa berries, since they will all but eliminate the need for PP items once I get enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment