Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 65: Bug Catcher Al -- Azalea Town Gym

I check up on those balls.
“I just finished your Poke Ball. Here!”
 Ah yes, Moon Balls. They're effective against Pokemon that evolve from Moon Stones, like Clefairy. Incredibly niche, but I'll hold onto them. I drop off my white apricorns so I can get Fast Balls tomorrow. Right now, it's time to head for the Azalea Town Gym! But first, a bit of house cleaning. There's the Pokecenter for healing, which I take care of immediately. But also...
 I had been forgetting to stop by the Poke Mart for quite awhile.
My primary purchase is five Escape Ropes. They're going to save me a LOT of trouble if I get stuck in the middle of a cave. I also pick up some Potions and Super Potions & sell my useless Repel.
Perusing my inventory reminds me that I have a Miracle Seed, a hold item that increase the potency of Grass-type moves. I give it to Rhianna.
Now then...
"of Bug-type Pokemon.
Bugsy's young, but he's a master of
Bug-type Pokemon!
It's going to be tough without
my advice.
Let's see... Bug-type Pokemon don't
like fire.
Flying-type moves are
super effective, too."
Good think Quilava is the god of hellfire. (She'll take them to burn.)
 Here's the gym proper. Each platform rides the wooden pathways, going forward until it hits a branch. Tracing it out, the left one comes out in the middle, with the center and right platforms going to the right and left respectively. Just out of frame I'm able to see a Bug Catcher on the right side. Since I need the experience I go ahead and take the middle platform.
The platform wiggles disturbingly.
I hope this themed puzzle is worth the price of custom made animatronic bug platforms.
I try an astonish on Caterpie; it barely scratches it. Nelly gets an actual move pretty soon, though, so this astonish nonsense can come to an end. Until then...
Yep.
I bring out Nelly with the intention of switching right back to Quilava. On a lark, I decided to use Supersonic first, though. Weedle goes first with Poison Sting. Gladly, Nelly doesn't get poisoned.
And, beyond all expectation, Supersonic works! Neat. Next, I switch to Quilava.
In spite of its confusion, the Weedle is damned determined to poison something. Quilava proceeds to not give a shit and one-shot it with Ember.
Burning animals alive: the game.
uh

No comments:

Post a Comment