Sunday, April 14, 2013

Day 62: Team Rocket Grunt

 Up ahead from yesterday, I cautiously survey the hostile environment. Determining that the coast is clear, I go for the item. It's a super potion.
 An enemy spots me from a secret location.
"What?! You want us to disobey a direct
order from Executive Proton?
If you want to stop us, you'll have to
defeat us all! Go ahead and try!"
 Defy Proton? I'm positive I will!
 Standard issue short shorts
 Zubat duel!
 At first, it's an astonish war. The enemy Zubat's astonish does more damage than Nelly. What's worse...
 Two months in, and this is my first exposure to confusion. It is the worst.
 Quilava isn't having this shit. After rageburning Zubat to death, The Grunt prepares to bring out Ekans. I switch back to Nelly, and then to Rhianna, so everyone gets some experience.
 I use vine whip then regret my life decisions because grass isn't very effective against poison. Worse, it opens with wrap, so I can't even switch to Quilava. Desperate, I use a non-damaging move for the first time my life -
 Surprisingly, it works. In fact, Ekans stays asleep for four turns - long enough for me to use a potion, growth to raise my Sp. Attack, then finally a few vine whips that actually do respectful damage. Ekans dies a satisfying death.
"Besides, it was an order from Proton,
so I'm more concerned about that!"
  (s?)he'll have to keep an ion you now!

No comments:

Post a Comment