Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 220: Leader Pryce

The next day, in the frigid Mahogany Gym...
The trainers are out of the way, so now it's time to actually do this ice cube thing.
I begin by ramming into this block, which itself rams into a rock.
Approaching from the left, I push the block into Gerardo, presumably maiming him to some degree.
Ta da.
“I, too, have seen and suffered much in
my life.
Since I am your elder, let me show you
what I mean.
I have been training Pokemon since
before you were born.
I do not lose easily.
I, Pryce—the Winter Trainer--
shall demonstrate my power!”
Bwaha. He is the last person I'd expect to use the "bring it" gesture.
I begin with Lava Plume. It isn't very effective, since Seel is only Water-type. It does burn it, though!
I whittle it down with Quick Attacks and Cuts, nearly killing it. But then Pryce uses a Hyper Potion.
I whittle it down a third time with Quick Attack...
okay fuck this
 Thanks, Rhianna. I switch back to Diane for Pryce's next Pokemon.
Piloswine mercifully dies in one hit.
Lava Plume isn't as effective as one would like, but it's not like Dewgong is a threat to Diane. It's just going to be a... patient battle. After a few turns...
This goes on in a cycle until roughly the end of time. I can't switch to Rhianna, either, since Dewgong is dual Water/Ice type, and has only Ice-type moves like Aurora Beam and Bullshit-type moves like Rest and Sleep Talk.
At some point, this happens too.
"I'm not giving up yet."
I'll say!
Okay, I exaggerate a little bit. It does take me quite a few tries to finally get it right, but my strategy is thus: Dewgong is asleep for three turns after using Rest. Conveniently, Lava Plume does about a third of its health in damage. I time it so that I get three Lava Plumes right after another after it first goes to sleep, killing it once and for all.
Mm, luck. Yes.
“With your strong will, I know you
will overcome all life's obstacles.
You are worthy of this Badge!”
“Pryce: That Badge will raise the Special
stats of Pokemon.
It also lets your Pokemon use
Whirlpool to get across
real whirlpools.”
Nice. He also gives me TM07, Hail.
“You and your Pokemon will be together
for many years to come.
Cherish your time together!”
Yes, very poetic. Now, to force my enslaved animals to fight even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment