Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 221: Team Rocket Grunt -- Goldenrod Radio Tower

 The next day, after walking out of the Mahogany Gym...

I get a call from Prof. Elm.
“I called beacause something weird is
happening with the radio broadcasts.
They were talking about Team Rocket.
Stalin, do you know anything about it?
Maybe Team Rocket has returned.
No, that just can't be true.
Sorry to bug you. Take care!”
 ...
Better check the radio...
“three years but we've rebuilt the team
and restructured! We're proud to
announce that we're back!
Giovanni! Can you hear this?!
...We finally did it!
Where could the boss be, I wonder?
I wonder if he heard this announcement...”
 Team Rocket likes to hire men of conviction, I suppose.

Anyway, through Holmsian deduction I realize I must travel to Goldenrod to move the plot forward.
 Here's the Radio Tower again. Team Rocket's all over the place, blocking every door besides the Pokecenter and the subway. I head in. Gotta smash Team Rocket.
“I was told not to let anyone pass but
Team Rocket!
Do you understand?
You are only allow to come through
when you are wearing the cool black
uniform for Team Rocket!”
Cool black? Nah. Goth Train Conductor.

 I head back outside, into the subway.
 Here's the subway. Same as always, unless I look a bit to the north...
“We had to recruit new members for the
Radio Tower mission.
Then we ran out of uniforms.
I heard this studio has some, so I
decided to “borrow” one.
Since you are here, why don't you
change as well?”
“Oh, but you shouldn't try to scare
people walking around looking
like that, OK?”
With this art style, I'm more adorable than anything.
 :3
“uniform!
Go on ahead!”
 Right, off I g-
“Stop going around in groups and
troubling people. You cowards!”
 Guah! Suddenly Passerb!
“What are you doing here?
No way... You think you're strong now
that you look like them?
That's foolish!
You shouldn't wear those things!”
 :3
 I do a little twirl, shedding my Team Rocket outfit.
 :3

“Then battle with me!”
Raticate is suprisingly fast, going first and using Hyper Fang. Fortunately, two Vine Whips deal more damage than two Hyper Fangs, killing it.
 The next and Raticate is exactly the same. Rhianna gets too low and I'm forced to use up a Lemonade to heal her.
 Afterwards, she kills it with another Vine Whip.
“"You could spoil our plan.
I have to inform the others...”
“Huh!
A typical idea of the meek!
No matter.
I'll let you handle this.
I have to defeat the Dragon Tamer...
What's his name...? Lance!
After that... it will be your turn.
Be ready for it!”
Not sure why your priorities have changed to him, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment