Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 107: Gym Leader Whitney

 I run the simulations, I crunch the numbers. I have a better chance of beating her than I usually get, so I enter the Gym's pastel maw once again...
 I'll spare myself the full intro for this candied succubus. If anyone wants her full text, read the introspective look into human failure I posted a few weeks ago.
 First up is Clefairy. Flame Wheel beats it within an inch of its life, something I could not have planned better...
Because Whitney wastes a Super Potion.
Quick Attack crits, so I choose Quick Attack again to finish her off next turn...
It ends her there. Clefairy gets a Doubleslap in at some point before she goes down, but no big deal.
M-Miltank...
 Never again! This is what I trained for!
 I open with a decently damaging Flame Wheel. Miltank responds with...
And this sets the stage for the next 5 minutes or so. Flame Wheel, Milk Drink undoes the damage. Flame Wheel, Milk Drink undoes the damage. Occasionally she gets a few Stomps in until I'm forced to heal up Diane.
 And then the cycle continues.
One time I manage to burn Miltank-
 Oh, nevermind. But hey, Maybe if I use Flame Wheel?
Yes
 YES
 YES
 YES
<3
 Whitney cries uncontrollaby, no matter how much I talk to her. I walk away...
“It's OK. She'll stop soon.
She always cries when she loses."
 You do not understand, Cathy. I want her to cry forever.
“What? What do you want? A Badge?
Oh, right. I forgot.
Here's the Plain Badge.”
“of battle.
Oh, you can have this, too!
Obtained the TM45!
It's Attract!
It makes full use of a Pokemon's charm.
Isn't it just perfect for a cutie
like me?
That's right!
I heard that this thing called the
Pokeathlon Dome is now open right next
to the National Park.
You should go try it, since you're
so good at battling with your Pokemon!
Ah, that was a good cry!
Come for a visit again! Bye-bye!”
 And so Whitney's deathgrip on my progress comes to an end. I can finally move on and train my other 'mons. It's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment