Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 170: Unown -- Ruins of Alph

The next day, outside Chuck's Gym...
“Then you should take this HM.”
“You will be able to Fly instantly
to anywhere you have visited.”
 Fantastic. Let's talk to her again...
“That's good, since he was getting a
little chubby.”
 Heh. Anyway, I gotta Fly up some loose ends. I go ahead and teach Nelly Fly, replacing the not-so-useful Astonish. Next, I head to Violet City.
“Haven't you had trouble with a boulder
blocking your way? Of course you have!
For people like you, there's an HM
that will come to your rescue!”
 To the west of Violet City is this fat kid.
“It contains make-'em-faint Rock Smash.
You can even use it to smash boulders
once you've earned the Violet City
Gym Badge!
But beware!
Hidden moves like this are hard for
your Pokemon to forget once they've
learned them.
You should think carefully which
Pokemon should learn it.”
 With make-'em-faint Rock Smash, I have a small chance of getting shard items when I break a boulder. A few of those shards can be traded for Berries. I'm after Sitrus and Leppa, which restore 30HP and 10PP, respectively. Both would be quite useful, since I make a ton of berries using the Berry Pots.  Just take a look at what I've grown since I got them:
If I got these berries, I wouldn't have to worry about restorative items anymore. Rather than use those shards items though, there's a dungeon area I neglected where I can pick up those berries directly off the floor!
 To the south of Violet lies the Ruins of Alph.  There are several ruined buildings; I head for the bottom-right most one.
Inside I gotta do a puzzle.
 Apparently archaeologists the world over have never done a picture puzzle. This one's already half complete!
 After solving it, a trapdoor opens...
 After my fall, this weirdo gives me an UNOWN report and then leaves. All it does is record which types of the Unown I've seen in battle.
This room I've fallen into is nothing but a hive of Unown. I mistakenly thought that the Sitrus berry would be down here, but I need to take that ladder and go elsewhere in the ruins...
A G Unown attacks before I can do that, though. It's level 5, so the outcome is predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment