Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 169: Leader Chuck

 So after beating every Black Belt and a trip to the Pokecenter, I turn this winch to stop the flow.
PURE MIGHT
“my head...
Arrgh!
Why did you stop the waterfall from
pouring on me!
You just spoiled my training!
I have to warn you that I am a strong
Trainer training every day under
this waterfall!
What?
It has nothing to do with Pokemon?
...
That's true!
...
...
Come on. We shall do battle!”
I like this guy.
He only has two Pokemon.
Primape dies in one hit due to a fateful critical hit. Not looking good for Chuck!
Nelly's faster than Poliwrath, fortunately, so he's made to suffer quite a bit of damage.
Like all dick Gym Leaders, he mitigates the damage with a berry I don't have access to yet! He also uses Surf, but it doesn't do enough damage for concern.
Nelly uses another Wing Attack, bringing his health down just enough to not trigger Chuck's use of a Full Restore.
Poliwrath uses Hypnosis while Chuck panics the fuck out. Nelly really is the only effective Pokemon against this guy, so I need to have her awake and ready. Thus, I bring out my ringers...
Veronica takes her death by Surf like a champ.
On Kyle's turn, I use an Awakening on Nelly. Predictably, Kyle does not survive. However...
Reawakened Nelly hands Poliwrath his ass, ending the fifth Gym battle!
“How about that!
All right. You're worthy of
the Storm Badge!”
“Chuck: The Storm Badge lets your
Pokemon Fly to any city or town you've
already been to!”
 Not to big of a hassle, this Gym. I'm still pretty apprehensive about the future, though. Now that I have the cure for Ampharos, the sixth gym isn't far off and I may need to spend some time leveling up.

Being able to Fly is huge. There are a lot of little things I want to take care of now that I have access to old towns. Getting Eevee, for one. I'll cover those things in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment