Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 60: Metapod -- Azalea Town & Ilex Forest

Today I enter Azalea Town proper - but first, plot shenanigans.
“We are...
Team Rocket!
...What?
We broke up a while ago?
Give me a break!
We have not broken up!
Actually we did once.
But we have come back to
pursue Giovanni's ambition.
Enough talking.
Shut up and just beat it!"
The balding guy moonwalks away in terror. The goth train conductor goes back to guarding the well.
"standing guard to make sure
people don't wander in.
Am I not a good Samaritan?"
 seems legit
 This is the town proper. It's like 5 buildings all together, kinda puny. There's a Pokecenter, which I use right away to get everyone back into shape. There's also a Gym here, however...
"Aren't you glad I told you that?"
 The Goth Train Conductor Brigade is conducting their annual SlowpokeTail bake sale in front of the building. I'll have to come back later. 

I wander into a random house...

“Stalin, eh? You want me to make
some balls?
Sorry, but that'll have to wait.
Do you know Team Rocket?
Ah, don't worry. I'll tell you anyhow.
Team Rocket's an evil gang that
uses Pokemon for their dirty work.
They're supposed to have disbanded
three years ago.
Anyway, they're at the well, cutting
off SlowpokeTails for sale!
So I'm going to go give them a
lesson in pain!
Hang on, SLOWPOKE!
Old Kurt is on his way!”
 Why did he need me around before doing anything?
 The game clearly wants me to follow Kurt to the well to forward the plot, but I feel like exploring the forest to the west. A few NPCs have mentioned needing Cut to get anywhere, so I figure I'll just poke my head in quick and head back out.
 As I suspected. But what's over to the right?
 As it turns out, nothing. There is a revive on the way that I picked up, and there are these branches on the ground that make crackling sounds when I walk on them. Otherwise, dead end. I start heading back...
 So I honestly didn't know you could get random encounters here. I wasn't in tall grass...
 Regardless, Nelly whittles Metapod down very slowly with Astonish. Metapod just hardens as is to be exepected. It eventually dies a warrior's death. Free, unintentional experience for Nelly, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment