Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 100: School Kid Jack

 I've finally hit Day 100 of this project. It has been... interesting. A lot has changed in my real life since I started, for better or for worse. And I couldn't tell you if the blog has been a positive influence. Most days are single wild battles that take no more than 5 minutes; others are story-heavy Gym battles where I've taken it upon myself to record every line of dialogue, trite as they are. It's been a responsibility, at least, and I've stuck to it with the exception of a single day (and the time I did the post but didn't actually publish it until the next day.)

 Going forward, I'd like to redraft my battleaday rules I started with: 
  1. Only one battle a day. Go figure!
  2.  No repels. There's a hold item and a radio station that just reduces the chances of getting a battle, and I reserve the right to use those eventually. For those extra long dungeons. I will generally try to avoid using them.
  3. I need to train multiple Pokemon at a time.
  4. No legendaries. I might catch them for yuks, but I can't use them in battle.
  5. I can only use Pokemon and items I catch in HeartGold. I can trade for evolution purposes.
And that's it! Here's to another 100 days of my horrible, awful idea! Without further ado...
 I hit a dead end by this Sudowoodo. I need to beat Whitney to earn the "right" to a watering can to wake him up. I double back and head to the National Park.
"But I know more than you do!"
 To my surprise, there are trainers here. I misremember this place as being a Pokewalker-minigame-thing without battles.
 Diane effortlessly cleans these guys up with Flame Wheel.
"For example...
There are more than 90 kinds of TMs.
And traded Pokemon level up faster."

No comments:

Post a Comment