Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 164: Mystery Man Eusine -- Cianwood City

I finally make it to the island city of Cianwood.
 My first stop is the Pokecenter, but then I head over to the Pharmacy here for that Ampharos.
 The Pharmacist hands me the "SecretPotion". Fortunately there's no time limit for retrieving the potion, though, so I'm free to look around the city.
 Here's the town Gym, full of fighting types for Nelly to rip to shreds. There's no necessary pre-gym shenanigans, either. 

Even better, the lady I'm next to will give me the Fly HM after I beat it. There is something I want to take care of first, though...
To the north of town, a wild Suicune appears.
 Before running off across the goddamn water. Nelly looks pissed about it.
“Wasn't that SUICUNE just now?
I only caught a quick glimpse, but I
thought I saw SUICUNE running on
the waves.
SUIVUNE is beautiful and grand.
And it races through towns and
roads at simply awesome speeds.
It's wonderful...
I want to see SUICUNE up close...
I've decided.
I'll battle you as a Trainer to earn
SUICUNE's respect!
Come on, Stalin.
Let's battle now!”
Oh ok.
His first Pokemon is a Drowzee. Bite drops it down to an inch of its life, but he Hypnotizes Nelly to sleep.
The next turn, I use an Awakening and Drowzee misses his Dream Eater.
Another Bite finishes it off.
Eusine's next Pokemon is Electrode. I switch to Rhianna so she can grab some experience.
Acid does a pretty pathetic amount of damage. Electrode uses Screech, lowering her special defense. On the next turn, Rhianna uses sleep powder.
I try Vine Whip and it works a bit better. He's got Static as a passive ability though, paralyzing Nelly. Next turn, both Eusine and I switch out Pokemon.

Haunter goes down within a couple of Flame Wheels.
Diane uses a Cu, to bring Electrode down to what we see here. I had meant to do Flame Wheel, but my hand slipped. As a result, Diane got paralyzed, again from Electrode's Static. Sorry Diane.
Almost there.
There we go.
“I'm starting to understand why SUICUNE
was keeping an eye on you.
I'm going to keep searching
for SUICUNE.
I have a feeling we'll see each other
again. See you around!”
Maybe it's just me, but this guy comes off as a huge douche.




Oh, and before I forget, I took a picture!:
Aidan got cut off pretty bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment