Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 129: Gym Leader Morty

“Here in Ecruteak, Pokemon have long
been revered.
It's said that a rainbow-hued
Pokemon will come down to appear
before a truly powerful Trainer.
I believed that tale, so I have
secretly trained here all my life.
As a result, I can now see what
others cannot.
I see a shadow of the person who
will make the Pokemon appear.
I believe that person is me!
You're going to help me reach
that level!”
 Gym Leader no. 4. After this, I'll be roughly a fourth done with my "goal," going by the number of Gym leaders before Red.
 The first Gastly is rather pathetic. In response, Morty brings out his trump card, Gengar, immediately afterward. I suspected as much and enact the closest thing I have to a plan: I bring out Rhianna with the single intention of paralyzing him before she goes down. See, Morty's Gengar is ridiculously fast, so paralysis would even the playing field quite a bit for Diane...
 oh
 I'm forced to contend with a fully functional Gengar. Fortunately he wastes his turn on a missed Hypnosis, and Flame Wheel does just enough damage to leave a mark without triggering his berry (Sitrus, heals 25% of max HP.)
 Luckily he again wastes his turn. But I'm still on dire straits - he's got his berry AND Morty has a few potions up his sleeve. And we've already seen what his Shadow Ball can do. Here goes Diane's Flame Wheel...
 oh

OH! That's actually really nice.
 I get cocky and bring out little underleveled Nelly to fight the Haunter. We do a little dance for awhile: He uses Hypnosis, I use Awakening, he uses Dream Eater on an awakened Nelly, Nelly gets a free Bite in.
I get impatient and finish it with Diane.
 I bring in Kyle. I really just want to spread this valuable experience around.
Obviously Diane goes back in to actually fight it. Morty says some words.
 And that's the end of a relatively painless Gym battle!
“something more than that...
So be it. This Badge is yours.”
“Morty: By having the Fog Badge,
Pokemon up to Lv. 50, including traded
Pokemon, will obey you.
Also, Pokemon will be able to use Surf.”

“I get it...
The person the Kimono Girls were
talking about must be you...
Never mind.
You should be strong enough to go
across the sea.
When you go west and then south,
you'll reach Olivine City.
Why don't you head for it?”
 Sounds good, bro.











No comments:

Post a Comment