Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 85: Beauty Victoria -- Goldenrod City/Goldenrod City Gym

 There's a lot to see and cover in Goldenrod, so I'll just give you the highlights. First, I head to the Radio Tower.
 Inside I take a little quiz to earn the radio app for my Pokegear. That's Whitney, the Goldenrod Gym Leader with the pink hair over there. When I win the quiz she comes up to me...
“question was surely apricots!
Oops! It's time to go back to the Gym!”
 For now there's not much to see in the radio tower. However, I do pick up this bit of info I never knew before...
“That's why you don't see many Pokemon
when the radio plays lullabies in the
tall grass."
 I might use this in the future, if I'm going insane and want to get out of a long dungeon. Interesting nontheless.
 Next, I head to the Department Store to see what Mom bought me. She got 5 Babiri Berries and 5 Shuca Berries, which weakens enemies' super effective Steel and Ground moves, respectively. Not... a great use of my money, but maybe they'll become useful down the line.
 On the basement floor of the Department Store are a few free items; Ultra Ball, Ether and Burn Heal. All you need to do to get them is talk to the NPC's. They order the Machokes to move boxes around, opening paths to the items.
 On the sixth floor, I buy a lot of lemonade, which are better than super potions and half the price. I also buy a few Revives from the second floor.
 Here's the Bicycle Store. The Bicycle shop owner loans me one for free for advertising purposes. Huge contrast to the jerk from the first generation.
 Up next is the inexplicably Gypsy-themed Name Rater. I change Quilava's name to DIANE to fit all the other names my team has.
 Now for Gym #3. Unlike last time, there's no silliness you need to take care of first.
“This Gym is home to Normal-type
Pokemon Trainers.
I recommend you use Fighting-type
Pokemon.”
 Suprisingly terse for the champ-in-the-making-guy. The theme for the normal-type gym is garish patterns and stairs.
 Victoria has three Sentrets. I open on the weakest Sentret with Stun Spore, then Vine Whip. Vine Whip one-shots it, so the Stun Spore was kind of pointless. Oh well.
 I do the same strategy on the second Sentret. She gets a few blows in with Quick Attack and Fury Swipes before she goes, but two Vine Whips take care of her.
 The final Sentret is level 16 and Rhianna's Stun Spore missed, so I just switch to Diane and one-shot it with Flame Wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment