Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 59: Hiker Anthony -- Route 33

 My soul approaches the white light...
 Whew. The afterlife looks like kind of a shitty, rainy day, but it's still a wonderful sight for sore eyes.
“It was much bigger than I'd expected.
I got too tired to explore the whole
thing, so I came outside.”
 You said it brother. Sister? I actually can't tell. Even seeing shim from the front doesn't help. I guess angels are androgynous. Anyway, I picked the two apricots here. Hopefully we'll get to use them soon.
 Another trainer, right before I get to heaven's gates.
 The first weather effect in the game. Each turn the battle reminds you that it's raining, which affects the potency of some attacks. Fire, for example, is weakened...
 ...so I switch out to Rhianna, to use the last of her vine whip PP. It finishes Geodude off handsomely. Anthony prepares to bring out Machop, so I respond by bringing out Nelly.
 Of course, Nelly is out of PP as well, so I switch again to Quilava. This was intentional, because she was falling off in levels somewhat and needed the experience.
 As per tradition, she wipes the floor with a single Ember.
 Not without that glorious beard I don't!
“I don't usually go to the town.
I bet you go to all kinds of towns on
your journey, don't you?
You know, if we were to trade phone
numbers, then we could exchange
all kinds of information, yes?”

*chooses yes*

“I'll give you a call when I think of a
good, heart-warming story, OK?”
 I genuinely want to know what Game Freak wrote for this guy's calls. It sounds like a glorious waste of the player's time.
 Oh, and on closer inspection, this thing is probably a girl, what with the hair clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment