Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 114: Rival Passerb -- Burned Tower

I'm playing a new game for today. It's called Babblemon: HeartTold
 The first thing I noticed after booting the game up: Rhianna as Weepinbell looks amazing on the map. :O
“It was a rare sight to see!
I want you to have this.
Don't be shy-take it!"

Obtained the HM03!

"That's Surf.
It's a move that lets Pokemon swim
across water with ease.”
 So it's pretty apparent to me that I'll need to get a water Pokemon soon. I was hoping for Staryu, but those aren't available for awhile. I'll figure something out when the time comes. For now, I go exploring in Ecruteak.
 One house has a guy who hands out Dowsing Machines. I'm including it because it might be important later, but I'm probably not going to use it much.
“for HO-OH, the legendary Flying-type
Pokemon.
Since HO-OH left, many people have gone
up to the tower to try to bring it back.
But none have succeeded in making
HO-OH appear...
Morty, the Gym Leader, is one who
has tried.
You don't seem to have the Ecruteak
Gym Badge. If you can't even defeat
Morty, going up there will be
a waste of time.
Sorry, but you'll have to leave.”
On the north side is this Bell Tower. I can't go in and I am sure it isn't important or will ever come up ever again. Never, guys. Never.
And that brings us to the Gym. I have to admit, I'm a little intimidated since the last time.
“Morty, the Gym Leader, has gone to
the Burned Tower.
Sorry, but you'll have to leave.
Ho ho ho.”
Old Man Railroader gives me the business. Dutifully, I head to the Burned tower on the northwest side.
“I'm on the trail of a Pokemon named
SUICUNE.
And you are...?
Stalin? Glad to meet you.
I heard rumors that SUICUNE is here,
so I came to look.
Take a look at the basement through
the hole in the floor.
There. SUICUNE is down there.
I could go downstairs, but I know it
would run away in no time.
I know.
I have tried it many times...”
Along with Eusine "Totally a Real Name" Jones is his bud, Leader Morty.
“Because my old friend Eusine is here
on the trail of SUICUNE, I decided to
investigate the Burned Tower.
Ecruteak has a legend about these
legendary Pokemon:
SUICUNE, ENTEI, and RAIKOU.
As the Gym Leader of Ecruteak, I must
have a proper understanding of it.
Is this some kind of Important Character Party? All we're missing is a certain onion head...
“......Oh, it's you.
You must be here to catch the
legendary Pokemon to make yourself
look strong.
That is only a dream.
You see, the legendary Pokemon suits a
Trainer like me who has sworn to become
the strongest Trainer.
A battle with Team Rocket Grunts
is just right for you!”
 Gastly is faster than Rhianna, despite being a level lower and unevolved. And of course, Rhianna ends hurting herself in confusion.
 Instead I switch to Nelly (seriously fuck confusion). Gastly uses his turn on the bafflingly stupid move Curse, hurting himself by half to give Nelly a damage over time slightly more potent than a burn and is cured by switching out. Nelly finishes him off with Bite.
 Magnemite goes down with a single Flame Wheel.
So I timed my shot pretty badly; what happened is I swiched to Rhianna to fight Croconaw, excited to put her to good use against a tough water opponent. Croconaw knows Ice Fang though and rips her to shreds in one shot. Sigh.
Nelly would get destroyed so I'm forced to use Diane. She's not very good against him.
Mercifully, Croconaw spends a lot of turns using Mean Look. Diane whittles it down slowly using Flame Wheel and Quick Attack.
It eventually uses Water Gun a few times, but it's too little too late and Rhianna faints him.
As Passerb babbles I bring out Nelly for a Zubat duel.
The enemy Zubat wastes literally all of its turns on Supersonic. They all miss and Nelly kills it unscratched.
"around."
“You would never be able to catch a
legendary Pokemon anyway.”  
 Oh my god guys. I get it. We're not supposed to like this character. That's it, right? That's what they're getting at?


No comments:

Post a Comment