Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 130: Sailor Harry -- Route 38

 Before I head to Olivine, I have a few things to do.
 The monk lets me in to the Bell Tower since I beat Morty. He makes a point to tell me that I won't accomplish anything in terms of catching Ho-oh, though.
 This is the Bell Tower. The monk is right - I need some items before I can attempt to catch Ho-oh. All that's here for me now is about eight floors full of Ratata, so... I think I'll pass on this for now.
 I've come here to demonstrate the Dowsing Machine. The big orange circle is where I've touched the touchscreen, and the four bars on the edges are supposed to give you a rough idea of where items are. It's a little funky because there are only two items in this area, yet there are four bars. The strategy seems to be walking around at random and seeing how the bars react, slowly homing onto the tile you need to check.
 I find a Tiny Mushroom and a Big Mushroom, together worth 2750 Pokemoneys.
 Next I head right from Ecruteak to Route 42 toward Mt. Mortar. As I approach the cave entrance, a man bumps into me.
“Sorry that I bumped into you.
Did I hurt you?
Please don't cry.
Here, take this.”
 Sniffle...
“It's a move called Strength!
When a Pokemon learns it, it can move
boulders out of your way.
Enjoy a happy mountain-climing life!”
And that's all I need here. I'm not actually sure if it will come into use on the way to Olivine, but I figured it couldn't hurt to pick it up.
 On the opposite side of Ecruteak lies Route 38, my destination.
 Amazingly, Nelly's Bite causes Wooper to flinch three times in a row, allowing her to get four free attacks in. It dies without ever touching Nelly.
 Apparently!

No comments:

Post a Comment