Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 211: Executive Ariana (and Team Rocket Grunt)

 The next day, back at the transmitter machine...
 The Murkrow must have some innate sense of justice, because it finds its way here and opens the door for me. Better save the day...
“It'll hurt Team Rocket's pride over and
over again. Making it lessen, you see.
...So, it's time to finish you. However
strong you may be, if the two of us
fight at the same time, you'll have no
chance of winning. Don't you agree?
Hee hee hee! Sorry, baby. Now, get
ready to be thrashed.”
 Baby? Odd word choice...
“A two-on-one battle?
That is so unfair!”
 Um...
 Yeah unfair ok. Lance continues:
“Typical of Team Rocket to be so sneaky.
Allow me to join the battle!”

“Ariana: What? You had an accomplice?
Where is your sense of dignity?
As interim boss in place of Giovanni,
I'll show you how wrong it is to meddle
with Team Rocket!”
Riveting!
"Team Rocket Grunt!"
As you can see, Lance has got my back, making that one pose that rappermen make when they've finished a (set of?) raps. Or at least I assume so; I've never seen or heard a rapperman before.
 He brings out Dragonite, the least intimidating Dragon Pokemon ever.
Dragonite flies into the air as Diane uses Flame Wheel to kill Drowzee. Arbok uses Glare to paralyze Diane.
Next turn, Dragonite swoops down and kills Grimer. The Grunt's Pokemon just cannot get any respect.
 Dragonite uses Thunder, destroying Arbok in one hit.
Oh and the animation for it looks amazing. Jesus christ.
Murkrow, being flying, is also wrecked by Thunder.
The last Pokemon is Ariana's Gloom; it nearly kills her with a critical Acid. Meanwhile, Dragonite flies into the air again.
Dragonite kills Gloom for me while I heal Diane with a Sitrus berry.
Diane hits level 35, learning Lava Plume. It's pretty much Ember, but twice the base special attack damage! I replace Ember with it, keeping Flame Wheel (because it's a murder explosion), Quick Attack (for when I absolutely need a bit of damage before the opponent) and Cut (because it's a dumb HM and I can't remove it yet.)
"and Team Rocket Grunt!"
 I'm not sure that promotion strategy makes a lot of sense.
“It doesn't matter what happens to this
hideout now.
We have much bigger plans.
You'll come to appreciate Team
Rocket's true power soon enough.
Enjoy yourself while you can...
Hee hee hee...”
 INSERT EVIL HENCHWOMAN DIALOGUE #6 HERE

She leaves, leaving me and Lance to have a victory chest bump...
“We have no choice. We have to make all
the ELECTRODE faint.
That should stop this machine from
transmitting that strange signal.
It's no fault of the ELECTRODE, so it
makes me feel sad.
Stalin, let's split the job.”
Sounds easy enough, but the tortured Electrode will have to wait another day.

 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment