Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 37: Youngster Albert

"The details are...well, I can't really
say anything, but we want you to carry
that Egg!
My assistant is at the Poke Mart in
Violet City. Could you go meet him and
pick up that Egg?"
 Immediately upon leaving the Gym, Elm has his panties in a bunch. I do what I'm told...

"This is from Professor Elm.
The thing is... we would like you to
take care of an Egg!

After you left, Professor Elm received
a phone call. I have no idea what they
were talking about.
But, after a while, Professor Elm
suddenly cried out, “I can't think of
anyone more suited than Stalin!”
Then he insisted that I hand this Egg
to you.
That's how I came here to deliver the
Egg to you.
It seems that a Pokemon will hatch from
it only when you keep it in your party
of Pokemon.
That's another reason we've
chosen you, Stalin.
Please take care of it!"
Josif Stalin
Chosen caretaker of Eggs
All joking aside, that story was boring as hell and I don't know why I needed to hear it. At least now I can...
"that Egg must be...!
I see...
So it was handed from Mr. Pokemon to
Professor Elm, then from Professor Elm
to you.
Now I get it...
That Egg is truly an important Egg.
Please do take good care of it for me.
Is that understood?
I am counting on you."
Get stopped by yet another Egg-interested party. Yes, it's a Geisha. She does a little twirl and runs off.
I finally make it to Route 32, the path to Azalea town. Now I can probably train Nelly without sw-
"You have some good Pokemon there.
It must be the training you gave
them around Violet City.
The training at the Gym must have
been especially helpful.
As a souvenir of Violet city, take this.
It increases the power of
Grass-type moves."
 Sigh...
Huh? What? A trainer? I thought this game was about disruptive dialogue and collecting embryonic life forms.
I decide to keep Nelly in the fight 'til the end for faster leveling. She only has Leech Life and Supersonic though, so I just spam Leech Life. It does less damage than Ratata does to her, but Leech Life's healing portion tips the scales so that she is set to win a war of attrition. It works, at first, but Ratata gets a critical attack in and ends up fainting Nelly. I'm forced to switch to Quilava to clean up the rest.
He also has a Zubat. I murder it.

 
"same tough Pokemon as everyone else."
Now I'll actually have to go back and heal Nelly... gah. I'll need to stock up on revives as soon as they are available so I don't spend a week backtracking all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment